Thursday, December 22, 2011

I'd like to receive medical advice for my gastritis symptoms and how to deal with it?

I'm 23 yrs old and last year I was diagnosed with gastritis. All my life I've been pretty nervous but in college I suffered from huge amounts of stress; I had colitis symptoms whenever I was gonna have an exam and on rare occasions I saw a reduction in my weight. Last year of college I had a terrible case of hemorrhoids that affected me for almost 6 months and after that I had gastric complications (mainly abdominal pain and burn) which led me to seek for medical help. After blood tests, an endoscopy and months of taking omeprazole, it turned out that I was "fine", but now the symptoms are coming back and I don't know what should I do. I am aware that gastritis is treatable and not curable, but I've heard that maybe what I have is something other than gastritis, could be Irritable bowel syndrome. My symtoms are: inflamation and abdominal pain after eating; burps; burning sense (in the stomach) when I wake up in the mornings; constipation; sometimes the symptoms of colitis (inflamation and pain of the lower abdomen, dhirrhea-like consistency evacuation); still some pain from the hemorroids; and that is what I can remember. Now here comes the interesting part, since I'm unemployed I don't have access to the mexican public health system and right now I can't afford to go to the doctora and have some more tests done on me; I don't smoke, I drink very little, I've never eaten spicy food in my life; on the other hand I do stress a lot, mainly from financial problems at home, arguments with my parents, being sociophobic, being nervous about my ity (with my family of course), graduating from college 8 months ago and still not having a job, etc... To wrap it up, I don't know if I should keep taking omeprazole or if anybody thinks that I could do or take something different in order to ease the affection. Please do not say "take it easy" hehe, I know it's what I should do but that's not the kind of advice I'm looking for.

0 comments:

Post a Comment